Meet the people and resources you'll find inside the Weitz Center for Creativity.
Creativity crosses the boundaries of all academic disciplines. To encourage interdisciplinary collaboration and a continuous cross-pollination of ideas, the Weitz Center houses a diverse mix of faculty, staff, and academic initiatives.
The departments of Theater and Dance and Cinema and Media Studies (CAMS) now make their permanent home in the Weitz Center, near their new performance and production spaces. The department of Art and Art History also has a toehold in the building with a new studio for the teaching of drawing, along with some office and work space.
Faculty In Residence
Created by Dean of the College Beverly Nagel, Weitz Center Residencies encourage collaborative work by providing office space for faculty in the Weitz Center for 1 to 3 years.
- Barbara Allen, Professor of Political Science, focusing on politics in the media
- Trish Ferrett, Professor of Chemistry, in her role as LTC Fellow
- Susan Jaret McKinstry, Professor of English and Viz Initiative co-director
- Sigi Leonhard, Professor of German, working with cinema
- Greg Marfleet, Associate Professor of Political Science, working on politics in the media and visualizations of computational models
- Susannah Ottaway, Associate Professor of History and director of the Humanities Center
- Rod Rodman, Professor of Music, working with CAMS faculty to develop a new collection of courses on sound production
Director of the Arts - Steve Richardson
The Director of the Arts promotes the College's arts initiative by building collaboration and discipline-based arts exploration, and by increasing the visibility of the arts as a vital part of the Carleton educational experience.
Presentation, Events, and Production Support (PEPS) Staff
The PEPS team offers expert assistance with classroom technologies, videotaping of classes and events, media production, and audio/visual equipment.
Library and ITS Support Staff
Reference librarians and a variety of ITS staff offer regularly scheduled support hours and workshops in the Weitz Center, primarily in the Idea Lab.
Perlman Teaching Museum
Including two large art galleries and a museum classroom, the Perlman Teaching Museum provides much greater access to the College art collection and allows a level of exhibitions never before possible at Carleton. The Museum staff includes Director and Curator Laurel Bradley, along with Gallery Assistant Wendy Nordquist.
The Perlman Center for Learning and Teaching (LTC)
The LTC coordinates programs for new and experienced faculty, promoting innovation and best practices in teaching and learning.
The Humanities Center
The Humanities Center cultivates intellectual and cultural life at the College through innovative research, interdisciplinary collaboration, and diverse programming.
The Viz Initiative
The Visualizing the Liberal Arts (Viz) initiative examines the role of the visual in a liberal arts curriculum.