Academic Innovation at Carleton
Carleton faculty constantly strive to be at the forefront of scholarship and pedagogy. Supporting them in this effort are these current initiatives and permanent centers, which coordinate efforts and share knowledge across traditional disciplinary boundaries.
- The LTC coordinates programs for new and experienced faculty, circulates information about teaching theories and strategies, and helps suggest solutions to classroom problems.
- CCCE programs support public scholarship, civic engagement within the Carleton curriculum, and community volunteer service by students.
- The study of science and math at Carleton is about embracing vibrant, electric learning. Our students ask tough questions, research in the field, get their hands dirty, and solve problems.
- QuIRK helps students understand and evaluate numerical data as they encounter it in all fields.
- The Humanities Center cultivates research, collaborations, events, and creative thinking in the humanities to enrich Carleton intellectual and cultural life.
- SERC works to improve education through projects that support educators worldwide, with a special emphasis on undergraduate science, technology, engineering, and mathematics education.
- EthIC activities designed to integrate ethical considerations into student and faculty life at Carleton, both inside and outside the classroom.
- GEI coordinates activities that deal with worldwide issues, striving to infuse global themes into the Carleton curriculum.