Skip Navigation

Ask Us Anything

If your question needs an immediate response, or is in regards to the status of your file, please email

Otherwise, first browse the links below for answers to some frequently asked questions. 

I'm from another country. Can I work to help pay for my education? Do I need a social security number?

All Topics

  • Johnson House
    The Admissions Office:
    Yes, if you receive financial assistance from Carleton College part of that aid will come from your on-campus employment. A social security number is not required for non-U.S. students.