Our summer has come to an end. After three months of interviews, tours, mailings, stamp placing, and organizing, we are finished. Thank you to Admissions for letting us represent the school. Thank you to Carleton for being our ever-loving home. And especially thank you to all of the prospective students who made this summer memorable.
Before we leave for good we would like to leave future prospies with a few pieces of advice.
1. Try not to be embarrassed by your parents (they mean the best).
2. Don’t be hesitant to ask the tough questions - it’s what we’re here for, and answers to these types of questions tend to be the most rewarding.
3. It’s not about the numbers. Find the place you want to call home.
4. Follow up with and thank the people you meet at the different institutions. A nice note one week later can make a huge difference in someone’s day.
5. HAVE FUN!! Even though the college search process can be stressful, it is ultimately all worth it when you drive onto campus your first day freshman year to screaming upperclassmen welcoming you to your home for the next four years.
The Summer Fellows