Taste of Carleton: Fall 2015
Thursday, October 29 - Saturday, October 31
We are pleased to invite high school senior students to sample one of the nation’s best liberal arts colleges! Nestled in historic Northfield, MN, Carleton College is home to some of the most exceptional professors and extraordinary students in the country. Our students represent all 50 states, as well as nearly three dozen foreign countries. In addition, 25% of our students identify as people of color, and an additional 10% of our student body comes to us from outside the U.S. We value diversity of all types on campus, and as an institution we strive to ensure that we have a student body representative of as many different backgrounds as possible.
As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity, Carleton hosts a number of programs for traditionally underrepresented students. The Taste of Carleton (TOC) program offers students a chance to get just that—a taste of Carleton College! This all expenses paid program brings roughly 60 students to campus for three days and two nights. TOC is open to all prospective high school seniors, but the selection committee will prioritize students from traditionally under-represented backgrounds. Students of color, first-generation college students, and low-income students are particularly encouraged to apply.
What happens at Taste of Carleton?
- Arrive at Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport by 5 p.m. and take a shuttle to Northfield.
- Attend a welcome reception and meet your student host.
- Attend a class that suits your interests: anything from Principles of Psychology, to Genes and Evolution, to Latinas in Hollywood.
- Explore campus, tour the 880 acre Arboretum, chat with students in the Sayles-Hill student center, or attend our weekly convocation.
- Have an interview with a member of the admissions staff.
- Get your student life questions answered by current students at a Q&A session.
- Sample Carleton’s night life.
- Savor a final morning at Carleton before the shuttles depart for the airport.
Sound good to you?
We hope you'll submit an application to be considered for Taste of Carleton. In addition to the application form, we require you to submit a copy of your high school transcript showing your coursework and grades, including the classes you're taking senior year. You can apply online or contact our office for a paper application. Applications are due by Thursday, September 3rd. You will receive your decision no later than Wednesday, September 30th.
Contact our office at 800-995-2275 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!