Taste of Carleton: Fall 2013
October 31 - November 2, 2013
We are pleased to invite under-represented students to sample one of the best liberal arts colleges in the nation. Visit a class, meet current students, explore our campus, meet with faculty members, and stay overnight with a student host. You’ll also meet other high school seniors excited about getting a taste of Carleton. We'll cover the cost of your visit to campus: for Minnesota students, this means meeting us at the MSP airport to ride a bus to campus, and for out-of-state students, this means we'll pay for your flight to MSP as well as the bus ride to campus. Of course, we'll also provide meals and housing during your stay here.
What happens at the Taste of Carleton?
- Arrive at Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport by 5 p.m. and take a shuttle to Northfield.
- Attend a welcome reception and meet your student host.
- Attend a class that suits your interests: anything from Principles of Psychology, to Genes and Evolution, to Latinas in Hollywood.
- Explore campus, tour the 880 acre Arboretum, chat with students in the Sayles-Hill student center, or attend our weekly convocation.
- Have an interview with a member of the admissions staff.
- Get your student life questions answered by current students at a Q&A session.
- Sample Carleton’s night life.
- Savor a final morning at Carleton before the shuttles depart for the airport.
Sound good to you?
We hope you'll submit an application to be considered for Taste of Carleton. In addition to the application form, we require you to submit a copy of your high school transcript showing your coursework and grades, including the classes you're taking senior year. You can apply online or contact our office for a paper application. Out-of-state students should apply by September 11, and Minnesota residents should apply by October 1.
Contact our office at 800-995-2275 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!