From the Domes of Venice to the Spires of Istanbul
Note: This alumni adventure is sold out; waitlist now open.
- October 17th through 28th, 2010
- Registration deadline: August 5th, 2010
- Capacity: 15
- Cost: $5495.00 (plus airfare)
Join us this October on a voyage to some of the Mediterranean's most beautiful and illuminating sites. Setting out from Venice’s Grand Canal, our route will take us to cities on the Adriatic coast, in the Greek Isles, and on the Turkish coast that are poised in the magical spot between history and myth, and which link the medieval Mediterranean with the ancient world. Explore the immense Palace of Diocletian, which forms the heart of the Dalmatian coastal city of Split, where shops, cafés and homes flourish within intact 4th-century a.d. chambers. After sailing up the aweinspiring fjord of Kotor, we’ll investigate the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Butrint, said to be founded by Trojans fleeing the ruins of Ilium. Visit the Palace of Knossos, where Theseus came to slay the Minotaur; ascend the mountain-wreathed shrine of Delphi, tracing the Castalian Spring to the very spot where hallucinatory vapors inspired the Pythian Oracle’s visions; and gaze out over the soaring, multi-hued cliffs of Santorini, where the Minoans achieved their artistic zenith. Upon disembarking in Istanbul we will gaze out upon the palaces and minarets.
Prices vary from $7995 -$14,995 per person double occupancy depending on cabin category. See trip brochure in blue box for specifics.
Note about single supplements:
A limited number of cabins have been designated for single travelers in Categories A-D with no single supplement. See brochure for more details.
- 10-night cruise aboarf the all-suite, 114-guest Corinthian II
- Welcome and farewell cocktail receptions aboard ship
- All meals aboard ship, including house wine, beer, and soft drinks with lunch and dinner
- Open bar aboard ship throughout cruise
- Complete program of tours and excursions
- Educational program of lectures and discussions by accompanying professors
- Professional Travel Dynamics International tour staff
- Complete pre-departure materials
- Baggage handling and transfers abroad on the designated program arrival and departure dates
- Port and embarkation taxes
- Gratuities to porters, guides, and drivers
- Visa and passport fees (if applicable)
- Luggage and trip cancellation insurance
- Meals, soft drinks, and alcoholic beverages other than those specified above
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, faxes, and e-mail service
- Gratuities to shipboard personnel
Please see the full trip brochure in the blue box above for all the details, including the itinerary, pricing, and ship deck plan.
TOUR OPERATOR: Travel Dynamics
Contact Amy Goerwitz at the Alumni Affairs Office: 800-729-2586 or 507-222-5645 (direct line) or by e-mail at email@example.com.