- January 31, 2017
This Wednesday, Feb. 1st, from 4:30 to 5:30pm, first class Chinese musicians from the Beijing Bamboo Orchestra will give a guest artist lecture in the Concert Hall.
- January 26, 2017This Thursday, Jan 26, 2017 at Weitz Cinema, David Henry Hwang, a Tony Award-winning playwright, musical librettist, and TV writer, will share his life-long and elusive search for cultural and artistic authenticity.
- January 20, 2017This Friday Jan 20th 8:00pm to 9:30pm., celebrated pianist Jonathan Biss joins The Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra at the Chapel for the second installment in the Beethoven/5 project, a major commissioning project pairing five newly composed piano concertos alongside the Beethoven concertos that inspired them.
- January 20, 2017This Friday Jan. 20th 4:30pm - 5:30pm, Bojana Cvejić (born in Belgrade/Serbia), a performance theorist and performance maker based in Brussels, will join a conversation the Carleton community in Wetz 236 (Larson Family Meeting Room).
- January 13, 2017FELT ROOM premieres this Friday, Jan. 13 from 7 to 10 p.m., including a reception and panel discussion from 7-8 p.m. with dance professor Judith Howard and BodyCartography principals Olive Bieringa and Otto Ramstad. It will be host in the Kaemmer Family Gallery in the Weitz Center for Creativity’s Perlman Teaching Museum. Come experience this unique installation designed by Olive Bieringa of BodyCartography with guest dancers and members of the Carleton Semaphore Repertory Dance Company which seeks to engage both performers and audiences with a series of live dance performances.
- January 13, 2017Carleton's International Film Forum presents films from all around the world in weekly screenings at the Weitz Center Cinema. The Winter 2017 series runs from January 9th through February 27th. Most screenings are on Monday evenings at 7 p.m. and are free and open to the public.