Student Employee Information
Regular Student Employment positions are paid on an hourly basis at a rate of $9.75/hour for actual hours worked and reported via Student Web Time Entry on The Hub.
Student employment is coordinated by the Student Financial Services Office. Please feel free to contact Student Financial Services with any questions or concerns.
Once you have received your student work assignment(s) you will need to complete the necessary forms with the Human Resources Office (located in Strong House). Please feel free to contact Human Resources with any questions or concerns.
Student Financial Services
PAYROLL EARNINGS HISTORY
In our continuing pursuit of “green” initiatives at Carleton, all faculty, staff and student employees access their payroll and leave information from anywhere they have internet access.
All employee Payroll Earnings History statements are distributed electronically. These documents are delivered through Carleton’s secure internet portal, The Hub. Historical documents, for the previous three years, are also available.
On each pay date, employees will receive an e-mail message from the payroll office with a link to The Hub. At the site, you will log in with your Carleton User ID and Password. Under Student Employment, select Payroll Earnings History. Choose the pay period you wish to review. Please remember that your Carleton password should always be kept confidential.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact the Payroll Office:
- Shari Mayer at email@example.com or x4022
- Jennifer Paulson at firstname.lastname@example.org or x4283
If you have questions about your Carleton User ID and Password, please contact the Help Desk at email@example.com or x5999.
WEB TIME ENTRY
Carleton College bi-weekly and student employees enter time and submit hours worked for supervisor approval using a web-based process called Web Time Entry (WTE).
ENTERING TIME WORKED:
- It is critical to enter your time on a daily basis.
- Log onto The Hub using your Carleton User ID and password. Select the Employees box.
- Under the section labeled Student Employment, click on "Report Time Worked" to access your time sheet.
- Click on the box in the “Choose Only One” column to choose the pay period for which you want to enter time and then click “Submit.”
- NOTE: At the end of one pay period and the beginning of the next pay period you will see two choices of pay periods. Please note the dates and pick the one for which you will be entering time for.
- Enter the time you start and stop working each day. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the Submit button. Your total hours worked will be calculated for you (including overtime).
- Report your time in digital format HH:MM AM or PM format (example: 07:30AM, 12:00PM)
- If you need more than two lines for a day, insert another line by clicking on the "Insert Line" box on the right of the screen
- After completing your daily time entry, click “Submit.”
- At the end of the pay period, once you have completed all of your entries, click on the box near the bottom where it says “Checking this box becomes your electronic signature….” Then click “Submit.”
- Web Time Entry timesheets must be submitted for supervisor approval by noon on Mondays following the pay period end date (see Payroll Calendar).
- Submitting your electronic signature will advance your time sheet to your supervisor for review and approval. If your supervisor makes changes to your time sheet, you will receive an automated email notification of those changes.