- Creating regular, clickable links to other Web sites from your own site.
- Including Web URLs in offline materials (a list of Web resources accompanying a print article, for example).
- Creating a set of links that borrows some URLs from similar lists on other sites.
- Linking to sites offering illegal downloads of copyrighted music or other protected content.
- Copying verbatim an entire set of links that have value-added content created by someone else, such as categories, descriptions, etc.