Vivyan Tran ’10, Julia Bradley ’10, and Amanda Hund ’10 live in Burton 131, prime real estate just inside the door linking the residence hall to Sayles-Hill Campus Center. Recently they spent some time dreaming about the perfect student residence, or what they call “the Harry Potter way of living.” For them, it’s all about the shared community spaces, with some amenities thrown in for fun.
Carleton's Campaign Initiatives
This campaign focuses on three strategic initiatives:
- For investments in faculty: $33 million
- To enhance faculty development: $18 million
- To support student/faculty research opportunities: $4 million
- To globalize the Carleton experience: $15 million
- For investments in student leadership programs: $20 million
- For investments in domestic student aid: $60 million
- For investments in international student aid: $30 million
- To build a consciously creative campus: $35 million
- For renovating buildings and upgrading technology: $35 million
- For improvements and additions to student residences: $10 million
- For investing in sustainability initiatives: $10 million
Annual fund dollars provide the essential resources to move ahead with some of Carleton’s ambitious plans even as capital and endowment funds are being raised.