Jack Schuler supports his own alma maters, but when it comes to getting the most bang for his educational buck, he says Carleton stands above many of the country’s best-known schools. Schuler and his wife, Renate, have issued a $2 million matching gift challenge to parents of current and past students.
Carleton's Campaign Initiatives
This campaign focuses on three strategic initiatives:
- For investments in faculty: $33 million
- To enhance faculty development: $18 million
- To support student/faculty research opportunities: $4 million
- To globalize the Carleton experience: $15 million
- For investments in student leadership programs: $20 million
- For investments in domestic student aid: $60 million
- For investments in international student aid: $30 million
- To build a consciously creative campus: $35 million
- For renovating buildings and upgrading technology: $35 million
- For improvements and additions to student residences: $10 million
- For investing in sustainability initiatives: $10 million
Annual fund dollars provide the essential resources to move ahead with some of Carleton’s ambitious plans even as capital and endowment funds are being raised.