Beth Bennett ’07 (Fair Oaks, California) is co-president of the Student Organization for the Protection of the Environment, a group determined to bringing waste composting to the Carleton dining halls. "College is one of the times when we have the ability to change our surroundings," Bennet says. "Why wouldn’t students take advantage of that?"
Carleton's Campaign Initiatives
This campaign focuses on three strategic initiatives:
- For investments in faculty: $33 million
- To enhance faculty development: $18 million
- To support student/faculty research opportunities: $4 million
- To globalize the Carleton experience: $15 million
- For investments in student leadership programs: $20 million
- For investments in domestic student aid: $60 million
- For investments in international student aid: $30 million
- To build a consciously creative campus: $35 million
- For renovating buildings and upgrading technology: $35 million
- For improvements and additions to student residences: $10 million
- For investing in sustainability initiatives: $10 million
Annual fund dollars provide the essential resources to move ahead with some of Carleton’s ambitious plans even as capital and endowment funds are being raised.