Academic Difficulty

Students in academic difficulty may already be talking with someone in the Office of the Dean of Students. If you are concerned that a student is not making satisfactory progress (is having trouble finishing comps, is failing required courses, is behaving in ways which make the department feel the student is not likely to succeed), you should call an associate dean of students to discuss the situation and come up with a plan. You should also call if you believe a student’s health, safety or personal well-being may be in jeopardy or if you simply need consultation on a student problem. Even if the issue seems minor, don’t hesitate to call – it may be part of a larger problem.

The class deans are:

Joe Baggot - freshmen and sophomores
Cathy Carlson - juniors and seniors

For guidance interpreting academic regulations and procedures, contact Associate Dean Andrew Fisher or Registrar Emy Farley.