Six Simple Courtesies for Vehicle Sharing
Using a fleet vehicle for College business is a privilege. Drivers and passengers are expected to follow six simple courtesies to ensure that fleet vehicles are ready for travel when needed.
Each vehicle is used by multiple drivers each day. Adhere to the start and end time of your reservation or you will inconvenience other Carleton travelers.
Six simple courtesies:
- Fill the tank for the next driver. Use the fleet VISA card attached to the vehicle keys and tuck the receipt into the plastic sleeve.
- Clean up after yourself. Drivers bear ultimate responsibility for the condition of the vehicle used. Involve passengers in the clean up of the vehicle's interior at the end of each trip. Remove all litter and personal belongings.
- Store snow brush under the front seat.
- Complete trip details in Mileage Log Record Book in the glove compartment or center console.
- Return keys, fleet charge card and gas receipts promptly. Adhere to the start and end time of reservation.
- Notify Fleet Vehicle Services immediately of any vehicle problems so we can correct them for the next driver.
Fleet Vehicle Services is responsible for the long-term maintenance of the fleet vehicles. Vehicles rotate on a cleaning schedule of approximately every three weeks. Drivers and passengers should contact 507-222-4443 with concerns requiring immediate attention.