Queer Peers Program
New to Carleton or new to coming out at gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender queer or as an ally? Join the QP program and we will pair you with a junior or senior who will help you learn about being out at Carleton. Confidentiality guaranteed.
Join now by filling out the online application!
If you identify yourself as bisexual, gay, lesbian, transgender, queer or as an ally to the queer community, you’d probably like to know a few things about Carleton:
- What kind of student groups are there?
- How can you find friends in a queer community?
- Is there a place where you can talk about your identity?
- What kind of dating options are there?
- Is it cool to ask?
Perhaps you don’t feel like you fit into the categories above, but you just have some questions about LGBT issues. Perhaps you have been out forever and just want to figure out how to be out at Carleton. We invite you to participate in Carleton’s Queer Peers Program!
If you sign up for the Queer Peers Program, you will be paired with a
junior or senior who will:
- meet with you regularly, one-on-one, and confidentially,
- provide information about resources and the social scene at Carleton,
- talk with you about challenges and concerns,
- and just hang out.
In addition, these upper-class students will organize several social events in the course of the year to help you meet other program participants and connect with the broader LGBT community.
If you have any questions, email Nona (schamusn) or Kaaren (kwilliam) or . To sign up, fill out the questionnaire and email it to kwilliam or fill out the online form here: https://apps.carleton.edu/campus/gsc/students/qp/application/