Transgender students at Carleton face many of the same challenges as other students: getting along with roommates, creating a new group of friends, and getting to class on time. In addition, trans students face many unique challenges. This site is a resource to make those challenges a little more manageable.
Staff in the GSC are also available to talk about the resources on campus and how to transition while a student at Carleton. For more info, email Kaaren (email@example.com). She can help you navigate campus (name changes, communication with professors, etc...) and will provide confidential support! For specific questions or concerns about housing on campus, you can also contact Andrea Robinson (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Office of Residential Life.
- A list of gender neutral restrooms at Carleton.
- Support of gender identity and expression in Carleton policy.
- Websites, blogs, and books that provide information and support on transgender issues.
- A summary of physical health needs and concerns for trans students.
- A guide to transitioning at Carleton
- A student facilitated group that discusses trans/gender issues and provides support.