Welcome New Employees
Before your first day
All new employees are required to contact Human Resources at (507) 222-7142 to schedule a New Hire appointment. If you are eligible for benefits, you will receive a link to benefits documents. Please review this information prior to your New Hire appointment.
Please complete the New Hire paperwork prior to your start date. Please Note: If you are a Dining Services employee, please contact Bon Appetit directly; do not fill out the Personnel Information Form or New Hire paperwork.
Action items for new employees
- Register your car to park on campus
- Get a One Card
- Visit the HUB. Much of your employment information can be found in one convenient location on the HUB. Log on to find:
- Learn how to use Web Time Entry.
- Set up your email.
- Sign up for Carleton's Emergency Notification Service.
Resources for new employees
- Attend mandatory training on Sexual Misconduct Prevention and Minnesota Employee Right to Know (MERTKA/Asbestos training). Email announcements will advise of upcoming dates when these training sessions will be held, as well as registration directions.
- Be Prepared. Review the Emergency Preparedness Guide.
- Familiarize Yourself with the Faculty or Staff Handbook
- Consider having a Workstation Analysis done on your new work area. For more information on this and to schedule an appointment, contact Karyn at x4174.
- Carleton at a Glance
- Acronym list
- Campus map
- Carleton bookstore
- Parking regulations
- Creative services: order business cards and review the Carleton style guide
- Security services: annual report on security issues
- LGBTQA+ benefits
- Get involved! Check out Staff at Carleton (SAC) or The Forum