Office of Intercultural & International Life
The Office of Intercultural & International Life (OIIL) fosters a campus-wide climate of respect. The office reflects the changing paradigms of the growth of many U.S. cultures reflected by currently enrolled students of color and international students and the needs of a diverse intercultural community. OIIL advocates for the promotion of a diverse and nondiscriminatory campus community, preparing students for pursuit of lifelong learning. The Office is open to assist all students regardless of race, gender, color, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and national or ethnic origin. However, the office has a unique role with regard to enhancing the overall quality of life for students of color and international students on campus by focusing on retention, programming, leadership development, training and education.
Core Areas of Responsibility
- Provide retention programs that support and advocate for students of color and international students
- Plan and implement leadership development programs
- Advise student organizations
- Plan campus wide diversity and cultural events
- Provide diversity and cultural competency training for students
- Provide assistance in college wide diversity initiatives
The Office of Intercultural & International Life works to fulfill this mission through sponsoring guest speakers, cultural performances, art exhibits, discussion forums, and films. The office also maintains a small library, publishes an office newsletter, and supports a peer-mentoring program.