Paula's Data Portal
(The above graphic is borrowed from the DDI (Data Documentation Initiative) strategic plan. http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/DDI/)
For Carleton Faculty, Staff and Students: How to get help with your Data & Research Methods questions
Send an email enquiry to PLackie <at> carleton.edu
- Students, please sure to tell me if this is for a course and if so, which professor and which course (the short name is also great! eg: posc230-01-s11). Non course related research questions are also welcome!
- A clear subject line is always helpful for people like me (with too much email!)
Who might benefit from this kind of help?
- Anyone wishing to discuss options and techniques for managing their evidence/data (oh.. Excel®, it's not always your friend!)
- Anyone wishing to discuss options and techniques for choosing among social science research methods - conducting your own or understanding the work of others.
- Anyone interested in conducting a useful survey
- Declared majors in the social sciences wondering if they should get started on finding a topic for their comps... if you wait until you know what you're doing, you'll run out of time! Start with me and see what happens.
- Not sure? .. just ask!
Already have the data-bug? Check out these interesting blogs and websites:
http://dataspora.com/blog (from Data to Decision) Data, Analytics, and Visualization
http://mkweb.bcgsc.ca/circos/ - visualizing data (especially large tables)