The ITS helpdesk is a centralized support center for all students, staff and faculty on campus. We fully support Carleton-owned computers, printers and other hardware; access to network storage, networked printing, and the network itself – both wired and wireless. For students we support their personally-owned devices including a drop-off repair service for software and some minor hardware issues. The helpdesk also supports and maintains 13 public computer labs and their associated printers across campus.
Helpdesk Hours of Operation
Mon–Thurs: 7:30 am – 10:00 pm
Fri: 7:30 am – 9:00 pm
Sat: 10:00 am – 9:00 pm
Sun: 10:00 am – 10:00 pm
Mon–Fri: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Contact the helpdesk:
- Phone: 507-222-5999 (x5999 from on campus) Phone is best for time-sensitive requests.
- Email: email@example.com Any email sent to this address automatically opens a support ticket .
- Web Help Desk: https://helpdesk.carleton.edu/ Open your own ticket and help categorize it for faster support.
- General information, locations and hours can be found here: https://wiki.carleton.edu/x/J4O6
- You can submit your own tickets, and review open and historical support tickets by signing in here with your Carleton username and password: https://helpdesk.carleton.edu/
- For more information on the locations of Public Labs supported by the helpdesk, as well as links to software that is installed on both the Mac and the Windows operating systems on public lab computers, please click here: https://wiki.carleton.edu/x/W4m6
- Student Drop-off service guidelines, available here: https://wiki.carleton.edu/x/PZW6, describe what type of devices we accept, the issues we typically address and general expectations for the service.
Important note: for fastest response, general contact options are best. For direct contact to helpdesk staff, contacting all three managers is also encouraged.