Seniors: Passing on your stuff
If you own a mailing list or lead a student organization, you need to make sure that those resources have valid owners after you graduate, and that the appropriate continuing students have access to manage them. After you've followed the instructions below, please tell the new owners what you've done.
All mailing lists you own must be transferred to someone who isn't graduating. Any lists that end up without a valid owner after August 15 will be closed.
To find out which mailing lists you own:
- Go to http://lists.carleton.edu/ and log in at the top of the page.
- In the sidebar, you'll see a list of all of the mailing lists associated with you. The ones that you own have an Admin button next to them.
- Click the Admin button for a list. To add/change list owners, click the Owners label in the sidebar. To remove yourself, just delete your email address. Enter someone else's to add them as an owner. Be sure to set them as a Privileged Owner to grant them all rights to manage the list.
- To close the list completely, click the Remove List button.
- Repeat for all the lists you own.
If you have questions about your mailing lists, contact Matt Lauer (mlauer).
If you lead a student organization, you have access to certain online resources through the CSA and possibly network folders for your group. This access will not carry over to your alumni account and must be transferred.
To find out what you have access to, go to http://orgs.carleton.edu/ and log in through the Organization Leader Login link.
Those groups that you can manage will be listed on the next page. Click on the Group Profile link for a group.
Make sure that the group officers for next year are entered in the Officers section. To give additional people access to this page, enter their net ids in the Additional contacts column.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page. If you have a network folder, make sure the access list is correct for the coming year.
If you have questions about Student Orgs, contact Doug Bratland (dbratland).