Employment Opportunities at the Gould Library
Library Reference Intern
Library Reference Intern is a position jointly sponsored by the Career Center and the library. We hope to hire at least 2 interns next year to join our returning interns.
This is an excellent opportunity for students interested in gaining professional skills and learning more about libraries, as well as research methods and sources (especially helpful for comps). Interns will work on meaningful individual and group tasks that contribute to the work of the library. They will also receive ongoing professional mentoring from librarians.
- Creating and maintaining online research guides and tutorials.
- Answering student questions about research and the library at the Research/IT desk (after a period of training).
- Developing and implementing outreach programs.
- Evaluating and organizing library materials.
- Much more!
10 hours a week for the full academic year. Taking a term off for off-campus studies is allowed but interns must be on-campus during fall term for training purposes.Qualified students will be:
- Creative, mature, independent, and responsible.
- Interested in libraries.
- Capable of collaborating effectively.
- Comfortable interacting with a wide range of students, faculty, and staff.
- Comfortable with technology.
- Excellent in written and oral communication.
Students in all fields of study are welcome and encouraged to apply. Please send a cover letter, resume, and the contact information for a faculty reference and a professional reference to Danya Leebaw by March 31st in order to receive full consideration. We will be conducting interviews early in Spring Term.