2001–2005 Selections of the Month
- Robert Frost (1874-1963). Illustrated by Susan Jeffers. Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening. New York: Dutton Children's Books, 2001
- Charles Upham Shepard (1804-1886) Treatise on Minerology: Second part, consisting of the descriptions of the species, and table illustrative of their natural and chemical affinities. New Haven: H. Howe [etc.], 1832-35
- Quartz crystal cluster, Madagascar, Carleton College Geology Department. Gift of Helen Holmes '58, 2004.
- William Shakespeare (1564-1616). Illustrated from the Watercolors of Arthur Rackham. The Comedies Histories & Tragedies of William Shakespeare: A Midsummer Night's Dream. New York: Limited Editions Club, 1939.
- Frank M. Chapman (1864-1945). Handbook of birds of eastern North America. New York: Appleton, 1907, 7th edition
- Bernard S. Mason (1896-1953). The Junior Guide to Camping and Woodcraft. New York: A.S. Barnes and Co, 1943.
- Kanei Nishiyama (1833-1897). Kan'ei Gafu (Picture Album by Kanei). Unsodo, 1886
- Christoph Scheiner (1575-1650). Rosa Ursina. Bracciani : Apud A. Phaeum typographum ducalem, 1626-1630.
- Louis Jenkins; with illustrations by Chandler O'Leary. Handmade paper by Mary Hark. Distance From the Sun: Thirty Prose Poems from Thirty Years. Designed and bound under the direction of Jeff Rathermel and Jana Pullman. Minnesota Center for Book Arts, 2004
- Collette; silkscreens by François Gilot. With an introduction by Robert Phelps. Break of Day. New York : The Limited Editions Club, 1983
- Gellert, Hugo. Aesop Said So. New York: Covici Friede Publishers
- Borges, Jorge Luis; silkscreens by Sol Lewitt. Ficciones. New York: Limited Editions Club, 1984.
- Moore, Clement C.; illustrations by Arthur Rackham. The Night Before Christmas. New York: Weathervane Books, 1976.
- Quotations from Chairman Mao Tse-Tung. Peking:Foreign Languages Press, 1966.
- Mao chu hsi yü lu.Kuang-chou: Chung-kuo jen min chieh fang chü tsung cheng chih pu, 1966.
- Christina Rossetti, with wood engravings by Hilary Paynter. Goblin Market. London: Artists' Choice Editions, 2003.
- Euclid; designed by Bruce Rogers, with an introduction from an essay by Paul Valéry. Elements of Geometry, Book 1. New York: Random House, 1944. "Five Hundred Copies Printed for Random House at the Press of A. Colish, New York"
- Fernando Lopes. Flag Book: Interaction Toward a Better World. Atlanta, Georgia : Nexus Press,1996.
- Robert Steven Ledley. Fortran IV Programming. New York : McGraw-Hill Book Company, 1966.
- Ralph T. Heimer et al. Basic Computer Concepts: a Self-Instructional Approach. Tarrytown-on-Hudson , NY : Bogden & Quigley, Inc., 1972.
- Charles Dickens; illustrated by Cecil Aldin. The Posthumous Papers of the Pickwick Club. New York : E. P. Dutton & Company, 1911.
- Brown, Kendall H. Kawase Hasui: The Complete Woodblock Prints. Amsterdam : Hotei Publishing, 2003.
- Burns, Robert. Poems, Chiefly in the Scottish Dialect. Kilmarnock, Scotland, 1786.
- Gruchow, Paul; with photographs by Gerald Brimacombe. Travels in Canoe Country. Boston : Bulfinch Press Book, Little, Brown and Company, 1992.
- Gruchow, Paul. Worlds Within a World : Reflections on Visits to Minnesota Scientific and Natural Area Preserves. St. Paul : Minnesota Conservation Volunteer, Minnesota Dept. of Natural Resources, 1999.
- Audobon, John James. The Viviparous Quadrupeds of North America. New York: V.G. Audubon, 1849-1854.
- Welch, Matthew. Body of Clay, Soul of Fire: Richard Bresnahan and the Saint John's Pottery. Afton, Minnesota: Afton Historical Society Press, 2001.
November - December 2003
- Dana, Malcolm McGregor. The History of the Origin and Growth of Carleton College. Saint Paul: Office of the Pioneer Press Co., 1879.
- Leonard, Delevan L. The History of Carleton College; Its Origin and Growth Environment and Builders. Chicago: F. H. Revell Co., 1904.
- Headley, Leal Aubrey and Jarchow, Merrill E. Carleton: the First Century. Northfield, MN: Carleton College, 1966.
- Jarchow, Merrill E. Carleton Moves Confidently into Its Second Century. Northfield, MN: Carleton College, 1992.
- Veblen, Thorstein; with an introduction by John Kenneth Galbraith. The Theory of the Leisure Class. Norwalk, CT: Easton Press, 1994.
- Schwartz, Seymour I. This Land is Your Land: the geographic evolution of the United States. New York: Harry N. Abrams, 2000.
July - August 2003
- Hampl, Patricia. The Summer House. Minneapolis, MN: Minnesota Center for Book Arts, 2000.
May - June 2003
- Barbour, George B. Physiographic History of the Yangtze. Peiping: The National geological survey of China (under the Ministry of industries and affiliated with the Academia sinica) and the Institute of geology of the National academy of Peiping, 1935.
- Burke, Bill. I Want to Take Picture. Atlanta, GA: Nexus Press, 1987.
- Minnesota Federal Writers' Project. Minnesota: a State Guide. New York, The Viking Press, 1938.
- Anderson, Sherwood. Home Town. New York: Alliance Book Corp., 1940.
- Bingham, Caleb. The Columbian Orator: containing a variety of original and selected pieces, together with rules, calculated to improve youth and others in the ornamental and useful art of eloquence. Boston: Manning & Loring, 1812.
- Hirst, Damien. I want to spend the rest of my life everywhere, with everyone, one to one, always, forever, now. New York: Monacelli Press, 1997.
November - December 2002
- Wellstone, Paul David. How the Rural Poor Got Power: Narrative of a Grass-roots Organizer. Amherst: University of Massachusetts Press, 1978.
- Bishop, Philip R. Thomas Bird Mosher: Pirate Prince of Publishers. New Castle, DE: Oak Knoll Press; London: The British Library, 1998.
- Hendra, Tony; with an introduction by Frank McCourt. Brotherhood. New York: American Express Publishers; distributed by Sterling Publishers, 2001.
- Gould, Laurence McKinley. Cold: the record of an Antarctic sledge journey. New York: Brewer, Warren & Putnam, 1931.
March - April 2002
- Avedon, Richard; with text by Judith Thurman. Richard Avedon: made in France. San Francisco: Fraenkel Gallery; distributed by D.A.P./Distributed Art Publishers, 2001.
- Henson, Josiah; with a preface by Mrs. Harriet Beecher Stowe, introductory notes by Wendell Phillips and John G. Whittier, and an appendix on the exodus, by Bishop Gilbert Haven. Truth is Stranger Than Fiction. Boston: B.B. Russel & company, 1879.
- Nansen, Fridtjof. In Northern Mists: Arctic exploration in early times. London: W. Heinemann, 1911.
November - December 2001
- Various authors. The Yellow Book: an illustrated quarterly. London; Boston: Elkin Mathews & John Lane, 1894-1897.
- Bernstein, Ross. Pigskin pride: celebrating a century of Minnesota football. Minneapolis: Nodin Press; distributed by The Bookmen, 2000.
- Handel, George Frideric. Messiah. London: Randall & Abell, 1768.