Winter Learning Community: Online & Blended Learning
All are invited to share their experience with and questions about online and blended learning in this winter's learning community.
This event takes place each 2 weeks on Wednesday from January 15th, 2014 to February 26th, 2014.
This event occurs on:
- Wednesday, January 15th, 2014
- Wednesday, January 29th, 2014
- Wednesday, February 12th, 2014
- Wednesday, February 26th, 2014
Winter Learning Community: Blended & Online Learning - Participation opportunity for all!
Everyone welcome! The brown-bag-friendly Learning Communities will meet in the newly remodeled Leighton 426. Join us for any or all of the discussion topics below.
What: After the fall programming on big questions about online learning, the Carleton Learning Communities (part of a joint project of Carleton and St. Olaf’s libraries and IT) will focus this winter on the nuts and bolts of blended and online learning. Emerging learning technologies and techniques bring changes to the way we help students learn, in all our complementary roles. Over the course of four discussions, the learning community will provide an opportunity to experiment with topical software and discuss the always-varied implications for their implementation and support.
When: 12:30-1:30 p.m.
- Week 2, Wed. Jan 15: “Technology and its influence on Educational Transformation” (a continued discussion from the 1/14 LTC noon presentation)
- Week 4, Wed. Jan 29: Flipped classroom, screencasts, and videos
- Week 6, Wed. Feb 12: Active learning, polling and clickers
- Week 8, Wed. Feb 26: Online text interaction
Where: Leighton 426
What to bring: yourself, your colleagues, your curiosity, and a willingness to try things out (Wifi-device & lunch optional).
We look forward to continued interesting discussions with you.
The spring term Learning Community topic will return to Digital Scholarship, Part II.