Gould Library News
- July 9, 2010
Photographs comparing Davis Hall at Carleton College in 1926 and 2000.
- June 17, 2010
Welcome back for reunion! Some notes on events in the library during reunion weekend and information on using the library while you're here.
- June 11, 2010
Students using the Control Data 6600 computer in 1969.
- June 8, 2010
Starting Wednesday, June 9, the magazines and journals in our 4th floor Current Periodicals room will be moved downstairs to the 3rd floor and integrated into the existing periodical shelving.
- May 18, 2010
Most academic departments are directing their seniors to submit a digital copy of their completed comps for digital archiving. The online submission form & related documents can be found at Digital Archiving of Comps, Honors Papers & Prize-Winning Works. For more information, contact Carol Eyler, Comps Archiving Coordinator, email@example.com, x4268.
- March 11, 2010
The database Biology Digest was removed by Cambridge Scientific Abstracts from their database offerings earlier this month, so we no longer have access to that database.
- March 3, 2010
Due to the withdrawal of support by The Getty Research Institute for the Bibliography of the History of Art, online access to the index will end on March 31, 2010.
- February 18, 2010
A reminder about Gould Library's Food, Beverage, and Tobacco Policy.
- January 28, 2010
The installers for EndNote X3 are now available for download! We recommend that everyone upgrade to the new version as previous versions will not import the date correctly for anything published after 2009.
The new version also has the capability to find and download full text articles of references in your EN library! Check our page on how to enable the Find Full Text feature.
Read more about EndNote here. You can also check out our new EndNote movies made by Charlie Priore:
THE ENDNOTE X3 MOVIES!!
- Movie 1-- Launching EndNote and Creating a New Library
- Movie 2-- Customizing Your EndNote Library
- Movie 3-- Manually Entering Citations Into Your EndNote Library
- Movie 4-- Using "Connection Files" To Put Citations Into Your EndNote Library
- Movie 5-- Downloading Citations From A Database Into Your EndNote Library
- Movie 6-- Setting the Preferences to Find Full Text Articles
- Movie 7-- How to Find Full Text Articles
- Movie 8-- Creating a Stand Alone Bibliography
- Movie 9-- Creating a Bibliography Using the Cite While You Write Feature (CWYW)
- January 6, 2010
As part of the NITLE webinar series, "Special Topics in Quantitative Analysis," Kristin and Danya presented a session about Carleton's model for supporting the discovery and access of data for use in classrooms and assignments across the curriculum.
- January 5, 2010
While we were busy celebrating the holidays, LexisNexis Academic was busy unveiling a cleaner, simpler interface based on extensive testing and feedback from its users. Now, its 6,000+ sources and multiple categories (news, legal, business) are easier to locate from the front page. For more information about LexisNexis Academic's new interface, read its wiki announcement here.
- January 4, 2010
Welcome back, and happy new year 2010!
Library hours for winter term:
- Monday-Friday 8 am - 1 am
- Saturday 9 am - midnight
- Sunday 9 am - 1 am
***Note: Library closes at 10 pm on Monday, March 15.***
Research/IT desk (reference and IT help):
Librarians offer research help at the Research/IT desk during the following hours:
- Monday - Friday: 10 am - 11 am: A librarian is on call in the mornings. Check the desk to see who is on call, and how to find them.
- Monday - Thursday: 11 am - 5 pm, 7 pm - 10 pm
- Friday: 11 am - 5 pm
- Sunday: 1 pm - 5 pm, 7 pm - 10 pm
SCIC workers offer computer and IT help at the Research/IT desk during the following hours:
- Monday & Wednesday: 8:30 am -1 am
- Tuesday & Thursday: 8:15 am-1 am
- Friday: 8:30 am -9 pm
- Saturday: 10 am -9 pm
- Sunday: 10 am -1 am