Goals of the Peer Leader Training Program
Overall goals of the Peer Leader Training Program
Peer Leaders will:
- Become contributing members of the Peer Leader community.
- Identify selves as leaders.
- Gain respect of fellow Peer Leaders.
- Learn how to better serve students in your roles as Peer Leaders.
- Gain the knowledge to be comfortable referring students to other Peer Leaders and the offices they represent.
- View yourselves as positive role models for other students on campus.
- Gain a better appreciation for values, beliefs, and cultures that are different than your own.
Events intended to help meet the above goals:
Fall Peer Leader Conference
All Peer Leaders will come together for the Fall Peer Leader Conference. The conference is scheduled for September 4th, 2017. This is an opportunity to get to know others in Peer Leader positions so you can better collaborate throughout the year, as well as learn new skills to help you be more successful in your Peer Leader roles. More information to come!
Peer Leader Opportunities Fair
Come and check out many of the leadership positions available for 2017-2018 and learn more about these opportunities. The fair will be held Wednesday, February 15th. There will be current peer leaders on site to answer your questions!
Peer Leader Orientation
For Peer Leaders hired for the 2017-2018 academic year, we will be hosting a May Celebration to kick-off the upcoming year. You'll start to bond with your staff, get to know a variety of Peer Leaders and learn more about your role for next year. Orientation will be held Tuesday, May 16th, 2017 from 7-8:30pm in Great Hall.