Club Officers 2014-15
President: Maggie Lloyd
Vice-President: Haley Abbott
Treasurer: Erin Young-Dahl
Safety Officer: Maggie Lloyd
Instructor: Alisha O'Dell
About the Equestrian Club
The Carleton Equestrian Team is a competitive hunt – seat equitation riding team that competes in Zone 9, Region 3 in the Intercollegiate Horse Show Association (IHSA). The team practices at Ridge Road Stables out of Webster, Minnesota. Riders of all levels ranging from first time beginners to experienced horsemen are welcome to join. In fact, the IHSA makes it possible for beginners to compete as well as experienced riders. For more information about the IHSA, visit one of the websites listed below.
Apart from being a competitive team, Carleton Equestrian also allows for people of all skill levels to do anything from getting on a horse for the first time, to strolling down the trail on a Saturday afternoon. Lessons in dressage and western style riding are available; however the team does not compete in these disciplines.
Jianxiong (Jane) Yu
Intercollegiate Equestrian Organizations and Websites
Other Club Sports
- AikidoApplies principles of the fighting arts toward the goals of peace, harmony, and self-improvement.
- Alpine Ski ClubProvides the Carleton community with an opportunity to explore the joys of alpine skiing, both as a sport and as a recreation.
- BadmintonGives members of the Carleton Community an opportunity to play Badminton on a regular basis.
- Competitive DanceWe practice a wide variety of Ballroom and Latin dances at the competitive level. Think Dancing with the Stars, Carleton style.
- CUT (Carleton Ultimate Team)One of the nation's dominant teams in men's college ultimate.
- CyclingPromotes bicycle road racing at the College.
- EclipseProvides a fun and encouraging environment for women to develop ultimate frisbee skills and compete at an intercollegiate level.
- EquestrianCompetes in horse shows and provides lessons in horsemanship.
- GOP (Gods of Plastic)A competitive Carleton men's ultimate team.
- KarateOffers instruction in traditional Okinawan Karate
- Men's Ice HockeyMen's Ice Hockey provides Carleton students of all skill levels an opportunity to play competitive club hockey in the Midwest.
- Men's LacrosseThe Carleton Men's Lacrosse team is a competitive intercollegiate program in the Upper Midwest Lacrosse League, a group featuring a number of MIAC schools.
- Men's RugbyCore Principles: 1. Playing rugby 2. Singing songs 3. Finding joy in back pain
- Men's VolleyballOffers intercollegiate competition and instruction
- Nordic SkiingA team of people who enjoy cross country skiing and racing at a competitive level.
- SailingSails and races small sailboats locally and in intercollegiate regattas
- Synchronized SwimmingThe Club Sport program welcomes the arrival of the Synchronized Swimming team.
- SyzygySyzygy is Carleton's women's ultimate team.
- Table TennisA forum for skilled veterans and eager beginners alike to learn, teach, share and enjoy the extraordinary game that is Table Tennis.
- Tae Kwon DoEngages in practice and competition of this ancient Korean martial art.
- TennisCarleton's competitive tennis team
- Water PoloProvides water polo instruction, practice, and local competition.
- Women's Hockey (WHAC)Provides the opportunity to participate competitively in the great game of hockey.
- Women's LacrosseTeaches the basics and provides intercollegiate competition for players of all experience levels.
- Women's RugbyAnyone interested in trying a new sport is encouraged to come out and play with us. We promise that playing rugby will be one of the best decisions of your Carleton career.