Please visit the Competitive Dance Team website for more information
2016-17 Club Officers
Co-President: Brian DiGiorgio
Co-President: Annie Zanger
Vice-President: Soren Smallwood
Vice-President: Ami Ballmer
Vice-President: Gabe Bury
Treasurer: Brian DiGiorgio
Safety Officer: Annie Zanger
Safety Officer: Soren Smallwood
Instructor: Andrea Mirenda
Interested in Competitive Dance? Contact Brian DiGiorgio (email@example.com)
Ballroom Blast at the University of MN on October 22nd
Results from Last Competition:
There were teams from Bemidji State, Iowa State, Luther, North Dakota State, Northwestern, U of M Duluth, U of M Twin Cities, University of Northern Iowa, University of Chicago, and University of Iowa.
Newcomer Latin Samba: Shannon Branigin & Nicolae Sapoval (from UChicago) -- 4th place
Newcomer Latin Rumba: Rumya Ravi & Nicole Connell -- 6th place
Bronze Latin Samba: Lianne Siegel & Soren Smallwood -- 1st place; Gabe Bury & Hannah Marty -- 3rd place; Ethan Somes & Tegan Wilson -- 5th place; Valentine Purell & Lillie Snortland -- 6th place
Bronze Latin Cha Cha: Lianne & Soren -- 4th place; Gabe & Hannah -- 6th place
Bronze Latin Rumba: Lianne & Soren -- 5th place; Gabe & Hannah -- 6th place
Advanced Bronze Latin Samba/Cha Cha/Rumba: Lianne & Soren -- 2nd place; Brian DiGiorgio & Annie Zanger -- 4th place
Bronze Smooth Waltz: Gabe & Soren -- 4th place
Bronze Smooth Tango: Gabe & Soren -- 2nd place
Bronze Smooth Foxtrot: Gabe & Soren -- 2nd place
Advanced Bronze Smooth Waltz/Tango/Foxtrot: Gabe & Soren -- 1st place
Mixed Proficiency Smooth Waltz: Gabe & Nicole -- 3rd place
Mixed Proficiency Smooth Tango: Gabe & Nicole -- 3rd place
Mixed Proficiency Smooth Foxtrot: Gabe & Nicole -- 3rd place
Newcomer Rhythm Cha Cha: Tegan & Shannon -- 4th place
Newcomer Rhythm Rumba: Tegan & Shannon -- 1st place
Advanced Bronze Rhythm Cha Cha/Rumba/Swing: Lianne & Annie -- 5th place
Mixed Proficiency Rhythm Cha Cha: Lianne & Nicole -- 7th place
Mixed Proficiency Rhythm Rumba: Lianne & Nicole -- 4th place
Mixed Proficiency Rhythm Swing: Lianne & Nicole -- 2nd place
Newcomer Standard Foxtrot: Lillie & Nicole -- 3rd place
Bronze Standard Foxtrot: Gabe & Ashley Carlson -- 5th place; Valentine & Hannah -- 6th place
Mixed Proficiency Standard Waltz: Brian & Shannon -- 7th place
Strictly Argentine Tango: Gabe & Valentine -- 8th place
Strictly Lindy Hop: Gabe & Hannah -- 4th place; Calvin Phan & Lianne -- 5th place
Other Club Sports
- AikidoApplies principles of the fighting arts toward the goals of peace, harmony, and self-improvement.
- Alpine Ski ClubProvides the Carleton community with an opportunity to explore the joys of alpine skiing, both as a sport and as a recreation.
- BadmintonGives members of the Carleton Community an opportunity to play Badminton on a regular basis.
- Competitive DanceWe practice a wide variety of Ballroom and Latin dances at the competitive level. Think Dancing with the Stars, Carleton style.
- CUT (Carleton Ultimate Team)One of the nation's dominant teams in men's college ultimate.
- CyclingPromotes bicycle road racing at the College.
- EclipseProvides a fun and encouraging environment for women to develop ultimate frisbee skills and compete at an intercollegiate level.
- EquestrianCompetes in horse shows and provides lessons in horsemanship.
- GOP (Gods of Plastic)A competitive Carleton men's ultimate team.
- KarateOffers instruction in traditional Okinawan Karate
- Men's Ice HockeyMen's Ice Hockey provides Carleton students of all skill levels an opportunity to play competitive club hockey in the Midwest.
- Men's LacrosseThe Carleton Men's Lacrosse team is a competitive intercollegiate program in the Upper Midwest Lacrosse League, a group featuring a number of MIAC schools.
- Men's RugbyCore Principles: 1. Playing rugby 2. Singing songs 3. Finding joy in back pain
- Men's VolleyballOffers intercollegiate competition and instruction
- Nordic SkiingA team of people who enjoy cross country skiing and racing at a competitive level.
- SailingSails and races small sailboats locally and in intercollegiate regattas
- Synchronized SwimmingThe Club Sport program welcomes the arrival of the Synchronized Swimming team.
- SyzygySyzygy is Carleton's women's ultimate team.
- Table TennisA forum for skilled veterans and eager beginners alike to learn, teach, share and enjoy the extraordinary game that is Table Tennis.
- Tae Kwon DoEngages in practice and competition of this ancient Korean martial art.
- TennisCarleton's competitive tennis team
- Water PoloProvides water polo instruction, practice, and local competition.
- Women's Hockey (WHAC)Provides the opportunity to participate competitively in the great game of hockey.
- Women's LacrosseTeaches the basics and provides intercollegiate competition for players of all experience levels.
- Women's RugbyAnyone interested in trying a new sport is encouraged to come out and play with us. We promise that playing rugby will be one of the best decisions of your Carleton career.