Majors and Concentrations

Declaration of Major

Early in the sixth term of enrollment, but not before that term, students must declare an academic area as their major field or they will not be allowed to register for the seventh term. Major declaration is completed on-line via the HUB.  Students wishing to change their major during the junior or senior year can do so by obtaining the approval of the chair of the new department and completing the form available in the Registrar's Office. Students who are planning a special major are advised to petition the Academic Standing Committee (ASC) during winter term or early spring term of their sophomore year.

How to use these forms

The links on this page are to PDF files. With most web browsers, you'll see the form on your screen when you click. With some browsers, you may have to save the file to your computer and then open it.

You can fill these forms out on the screen, and then print them out and deliver them to the Registrar's Office. Some forms require obtaining various signatures first. If you want to keep a copy for yourself, print two or save the file after you have filled it out. You can also just print the forms and fill them out by hand, but that's not so tidy.