Registration Forms

Certain courses require that you fill out additional forms once you have registered. Please fill out and print any forms you need from the list below.

How to use these forms

The links on this page are to PDF files. With most web browsers, you'll fill out the form on the screen, and then print them out and deliver them to the specified office. Some forms require obtaining various signatures first. If you want to keep a copy for yourself, print two or save the file after you have filled it out. You can also just print the forms and fill them out by hand, but that's not so tidy.

Independent Study/Reading/Research form

A student may enroll in independent study (numbers 291 or 391) independent reading (numbers 290 or 390), or independent research (numbers 292 or 392) with the consent of a professor. An independent form must be completed by the student, signed by the professor and adviser, and submitted to the Registrar by 5:00 p.m. the fifth day of the term (or the second five week add deadline for 3 credit independents). Submitting this form permits but does not automatically accomplish registration; independents are subject to the further approval of the registrar and the associate dean of the college. Independents which duplicate the content of currently offered courses are not allowed. No independent may count toward distribution requirements. A student interested in taking an independent study should check with the professor to see if the department has additional guidelines governing independent work. The grading method for independent work must be agreed upon with the instructor and clearly stated on the independent form before submitting it to the registrar at the time of registration. See Academic Regulations and Procedures for further information.

Some departments, including: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Astronomy, Political Science and Psychology provide their own forms. These forms are available below and on the respective department pages.

Related Documents