Certain courses require that you fill out additional forms once you have registered. Please fill out and print any forms you need from the list below.
How to use these forms
Except for the Studio Art registration form, the links on this page are to PDF files. With most web browsers, you'll see the form on your screen when you click. With some browsers, you may have to save the file to your computer and then open it. The Studio Art form is a web form you will complete on-line and it will be submitted to the Art office when you click submit.
You can fill the Studio Art registration form out on the screen, and then print them out and deliver them to the specified office. Some forms require obtaining various signatures first. If you want to keep a copy for yourself, print two or save the file after you have filled it out. You can also just print the forms and fill them out by hand, but that's not so tidy.
A student may enroll in independent study (numbers 291 or 391) independent reading (numbers 290 or 390), or independent research (numbers 292 or 392) with the consent of a professor. An independent form must be completed by the student, signed by the professor and adviser, and submitted to the Registrar by 5:00 p.m. the fifth day of the term (or the second five week add deadline for 3 credit independents). Submitting this form permits but does not automatically accomplish registration; independents are subject to the further approval of the registrar and the associate dean of the college. Independents which duplicate the content of currently offered courses are not allowed. No independent may count toward general education requirements. A student interested in taking an independent study should check with the professor to see if the department has additional guidelines governing independent work. The grading method for independent work must be agreed upon with the instructor and clearly stated on the independent form before submitting it to the registrar at the time of registration. See Academic Regulations and Procedures for further information.
Some departments, including: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Astronomy and Psychology provide their own forms. These forms are available below and on the respective department pages.
- Music Scheduling Form (152 KB PDF Document)Fill out a music scheduling form to indicate when you can meet for lessons and return it to the Music Department Office.
- Physics/Astronomy Special Project Form (104 KB PDF Document)If you register for a physics or astronomy special project course, you must complete a physics/astronomy special project form and return it to the Registrar's Office.
- Chemistry Department Student Faculty Research Form (6 KB PDF Document)Student Faculty Research Form
- Biology 394 Student Faculty Research Form (72 KB PDF Document)11 October 2011Student Faculty Research Form
- Psychology Special Projects Form (88 KB PDF Document)15 May 2013Psychology Special Project Form
- OCS Major/Concentration/Curricular Exploration Form (14 KB PDF Document)12 August 2014Form for approval of Major or Concentration or Curricular Exploration credits from OCS program
- Special Student form (108 KB PDF Document)27 July 2015Form for special student registration
- Independent Study Form (127 KB PDF Document)27 July 2015Form to be completed to propose an Independent Study
- Inter-registration form (205 KB PDF Document)Inter-registration form for Carleton students at St. Olaf