Aid Awarded to 2015-2016 New Students
2015-16 Financial Aid Awarded to All Admitted Students to the Class of 2019
|PARENT INCOME||NUMBER OF
1. The table reflects averages by parent adjusted gross income (AGI).
2. Outside Aid includes Pell Grants, Minnesota State Grants, private scholarships, and other federal and state sources.
3. Student loans reported include only need based loans. Actual values can be lower than awarded values due to Carleton’s outside aid policy, which is to use outside private scholarships to reduce the loan component of the financial aid award first. Some students also refuse their loans which will lower the average. Typical loans awarded for first-year students are $3,500 to $4,500 for need-based loans.
4. The size of an award is greatly affected by family size, number in college, family assets, student assets, and other considerations.
- Financial Aid Overview
- How to Apply for Prospective Students
- Types of Aid
- 2015-2016 Aid Awards
- Navigating Your Financial Aid Award
- Frequently Asked Questions
- College Board IDOC Service
- Fritch Scholarships: Making Carleton Accessible to Middle Income Families
- GI Bill/Yellow Ribbon Benefits
- Employment and Education After Carleton