Managing Events and News in Reason
What is the difference between an Event Calendar and a Newsletter?
An event calendar is focused on publicizing future events
- Allows visitors to quickly see what's happening today
- Visitors can select to see particular categories of events
- Events can be automatically added to the central events calendar
- Events coming up soonest show up at the top; later events show up further down the page
A newsletter is focused on reporting general information, like a newspaper
- Allows visitors to hear about what has happened, or current items of note
- Can be set up in a variety of ways: issues, sections, etc.
- Most recently entered news items show up at the top; earlier news items show up further down the page
- Both automatically maintain an archive of old items
- Both can automatically display the most relevant items on your front page