- November 14, 2016 at 7:41 pm
Since April, members of the Standing Rock Sioux tribe have come together with indigenous people and allies from across the country to non-violently protest the construction of the Dakota Access Pipeline.
- November 4, 2016 at 11:12 am
On Wednesday November 2, the Center for Community and Civic Engagement, in collaboration with the Northfield Initiative, welcomed Northfield city council and mayoral candidates to Carleton for a civil debate in preparation for next Tuesday’s election.
- October 27, 2016 at 11:40 am
Movement for Justice in El Barrio / El Movimiento para Justicia en el Barrio: A Film and Community DiscussionOctober 12, 2016 at 1:38 pm
- October 12, 2016 at 10:14 am
Carleton Center for Community and Civic Engagement director Amel Gorani sits down for a brief interview to give readers insight into her past and motivations while outlining her plans for the future of the CCCE.
- October 6, 2016 at 11:28 am
- October 6, 2016 at 11:24 am
- October 5, 2016 at 11:38 am
- August 8, 2016 at 1:22 pm
Feature on summer food projects and CCCE programs, as well as student involvement over break.
- August 2, 2016 at 10:15 am
Profile of an ACE course project by Carleton Professor Juliane Schicker.
- June 22, 2016 at 1:13 pmCheck out our newest newsletter for updates on our work. This edition includes a letter from the beloved Kelly Scheuerman, a profile of alumni working in the area, as well as highlights of the Empty Bowls event and an ACE course that teaches philosophy to children in local schools. Click "CCCE Spring 2016 Newsletter" to the right to view the newsletter.
- June 2, 2016 at 12:27 pm
It doesn’t have super cheap land or long growing seasons, but it does have an active, supportive community.