Cognitive Science News
- November 10, 2016 at 3:48 pm
Kathleen Galotti, William H. Laird Professor of Cognitive Science; and Andrea Nixon, Director of Educational Research; Lacey (Dorman) Clare '09; and Courtney McManus published an article entitled "The Academic Experiences Survey (AES): Measuring Perceptions of Academic Climate in Liberal Arts Institutions," in the October 2016 issue of the Journal of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, Volume 16, No. 5, pp. 32-48.
- February 8, 2016 at 12:00 amKathie Galotti, William H. Laird Professor of Cognitive Science, has a new edition of her textbook, Cognitive Development: Infancy Through Adolescence (2nd ed) published by Sage Publishers on January 13.
- January 18, 2016 at 11:08 am
Apply to receive stipends for research at Carleton or at another institution.
Deadline: February 5, 2016
- January 6, 2016 at 12:00 amKathie Galotti, William H. Laird Professor of Cognitive Science, along with co-authors Carl Bou Mansour '15, Michael Wheatman '15, Anna Smith '17, and Michael Schneekloth '17, presented a poster entitled "Liking, Defining and Thinking: Oh My! Ways of Knowing and Appraisals of Intellectual Activities" at the 2015 meeting of the Psychonomic Society in November in Chicago.
- April 6, 2015 at 9:25 am
William H. Laird Professor of Cognitive Science, served as chair of the Teaching Committee of the Society for Research in Child Development, and coordinated the 2015 Teaching Institute of that society, held at the Biennial meeting in Philadelphia, PA. She organized and presented in two roundtables, one entitled, "Mentoring Metamorphosis: Reflections on, and Suggestions for, the Progression from Protege to Mentor" and the other entitled "Balancing Teaching and Research at Primarily Undergraduate Institutions."
- January 12, 2015 at 10:17 am
William H. Laird Professor of Cognitive Science, and Rebecca Plotnick '14 presented a poster at the 2014 meeting of the Psychonomic Society in Long Beach, California, entitled, "Recognizing Brand Logos in and out of Context."
Galotti and and alumnus Lacey (Dorman) Clare '09 publish article in the American Journal of PsychologySeptember 3, 2014 at 11:05 am
Kathie Galotti, William H. Laird Professor of Cognitive Science, and alumnus Lacey (Dorman) Clare '09, co-authored a recently published article entitled, "Goals, Styles, and Decisions: Changes and Interactions During the First Year of College." It appears in the American Journal of Psychology, volume 127, pages 383-396.
- May 8, 2014 at 12:00 pm
- April 19, 2014 at 1:00 pm
Celebrate Roy O. Elveton's upcoming retirement with a symposium on cognitive science and philosophy.
- February 20, 2014 at 12:00 pm
Interested in the OCS Budapest program in Cognitive Science?
- February 19, 2013 at 7:30 pm
What does robotic art, Buddhism, cellular automata and bad 80's cinemas have in common? Professor Tony Chemero, University of Cincinnati presents "Human-Environment Systems" in Olin 141.
- February 23, 2012 at 7:30 pm
Dr. Amy Luckner '98 will deliver a presentation on Thursday, February 23rd at 7:30 p.m. in Olin 141 to discuss school psychology, how to pursue a career in the field, and its relation to other areas of psychology.