Danish Language-Learning Resources
- Online Danish Lessons - Some free audio-based lessons http://www.speakdanish.dk/
- Danish Verb Conjugator (Verbix) - Conjugates Danish verbs http://www.verbix.com/languages/danish.shtml
- Quia: a website for practicing grammar, vocabulary, and a host of other useful things. You can find practice quizzes and online practice exercises for a host of languages including French, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, German, Russian, Greek, Hebrew, and even Danish, Dutch, Indonesian, Italian, Portuguese, and Turkish to name a few. To access this website go to www.quia.com and click on "Quia Web." Don't be fazed by the username and password requirement - you don't need either! By simply clicking on shared activities near the bottom right of the page you will have access to these great resources for free! Simply do a search for whatever it is you are looking for or feel like practicing.
Danish & Scandinavian Texts Online
- General Nordic Literature Site - Danish literature, as well as some other language links http://www.lib.byu.edu/estu/wess/scan/nordlit.html
- Hans Christian Andersen Archive - Stories written by Hans Christian Andersen http://www.andersen.sdu.dk/vaerk/index_e.html
Danish Print and Broadcast Media
- Danish Newspapers http://www.onlinenewspapers.com/denmark.htm
At the Language Center
We offer a variety of comprehensive self instruction language programs available by appointment at the Center.