- November 5, 2016
- October 7, 2016
Adam Putnam, Visiting Assistant Professor of Psychology, published a paper titled "Optimizing Learning in College: Tips from Cognitive Psychology" in Perspectives on Psychological Science with co-authors Victor W. Sungkhasettee and Henry L. Roediger, III in Washington University in St. Louis.
- October 3, 2016
Sarah Meerts, Assistant Professor of Psychology, along with Carleton student collaborators and co-authors Jin Hong Park '15 and Ria Sekhawat '17, recently published a paper titled "Sexual experience modulates partner preference and mPOA nitric oxide synthase in female rats" in Behavioral Neuroscience.
- September 28, 2016
Ken Abrams, Associate Professor of Psychology, published a paper in the recently released Proceedings of the 2015 Symposium on Field Studies. The article was titled "Inducing 'Disorienting Dilemmas' through Visits to Psychiatric Institutions in Prague." The ACM sponsored symposium was held last July in Colorado Springs.
- September 23, 2016Sarah Meerts, Assistant Professor of Psychology, gave a talk titled "Experience and sensory input interact to affect mating behavior in female rats" at University of St. Thomas on September 23th.
- August 22, 2016Ken Abrams, Associate Professor of Psychology, led a symposium titled, "Traversing Boundaries: Incorporating Study Abroad into the Undergraduate Psychology Curriculum," at the annual convention of the American Psychological Association in Denver. He also presented a talk within the symposium titled, "Teaching Cross-Cultural Psychopathology in the Czech Republic." Other presenters included Dana Gross (St. Olaf College), Caroll Enns (Cornell College), and Dana Dunn (Moravian College).
- June 27, 2016Ken Abrams, Associate Professor of Psychology, co-led a workshop titled "Teaching Health Psychology at Liberal Arts Colleges" with Erin Henshaw (Denison University) at the Health Psychology in the 21st Century conference sponsored by the Alliance to Advance Liberal Arts Colleges (AALAC) and held at Smith College in Northampton, Massachussets.
- June 24, 2016
Stefanie Simon, Robert A. Oden, Jr. Postdoctoral Fellow for Innovation in the Liberal Arts, along with a recent graduate Jae Eun Lee '16, gave a poster presentation titled "Can Reframing the Label Feminist Reduce its Stigma?" at the annual conference of the Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues (SPSSI) on June 24th, 2016 at Minneapolis, MN.
- February 11, 2016
Ken Abrams, Associate Professor of Psychology, co-edited a book with Dana Gross (St. Olaf College) and Carol Enns (Cornell College) titled Internationalizing the Undergraduate Psychology Curriculum: Practical Lessons Learned at Home and Abroad and published by the American Psychological Association. Sharon Akimoto, Professor of Psychology, contributed a chapter on teaching cross-cultural psychology, and Neil Lutsky, William R. Kenan, Jr. Professor of Psychology, provided a chapter on faculty development to enhance internationalization. Abrams wrote chapters on the importance of internationalizing the curriculum and on teaching cross-cultural psychopathology in Prague.
- February 8, 2016Neil Lutsky, William R. Kenan, Jr. Professor of Psychology, presented a paper "Better Than Average: Self-Evaluations in an Indian Sample," co-authored with Ashwini Ashokkumar of Ashoka University, Sonipat, India, at the 2016 Society for Personality and Social Psychology annual meeting in San Diego, California.
- February 8, 2016Kathie Galotti, William H. Laird Professor of Cognitive Science, has a new edition of her textbook, Cognitive Development: Infancy Through Adolescence (2nd ed) published by Sage Publishers on January 13.
- January 14, 2016
Associate Professor of Psychology, recently presented a poster at the annual conference of the National Institute for the Teaching of Psychology (NITOP) titled "Sharpening Quantitative Reasoning Skills in a Summer Psychology Course for High School Students." The findings were from courses he taught at Carleton's Summer Quantitative Reasoning Institute. He also led an Idea Exchange on "Internationalizing the Undergraduate Psychology Curriculum."