Posts tagged with “Faculty Presentations” (All posts)
- November 5, 2016
- October 7, 2016
Adam Putnam, Visiting Assistant Professor of Psychology, published a paper titled "Optimizing Learning in College: Tips from Cognitive Psychology" in Perspectives on Psychological Science with co-authors Victor W. Sungkhasettee and Henry L. Roediger, III in Washington University in St. Louis.
- October 3, 2016
Sarah Meerts, Assistant Professor of Psychology, along with Carleton student collaborators and co-authors Jin Hong Park '15 and Ria Sekhawat '17, recently published a paper titled "Sexual experience modulates partner preference and mPOA nitric oxide synthase in female rats" in Behavioral Neuroscience.
- September 28, 2016
Ken Abrams, Associate Professor of Psychology, published a paper in the recently released Proceedings of the 2015 Symposium on Field Studies. The article was titled "Inducing 'Disorienting Dilemmas' through Visits to Psychiatric Institutions in Prague." The ACM sponsored symposium was held last July in Colorado Springs.
- September 23, 2016Sarah Meerts, Assistant Professor of Psychology, gave a talk titled "Experience and sensory input interact to affect mating behavior in female rats" at University of St. Thomas on September 23th.
- June 27, 2016Ken Abrams, Associate Professor of Psychology, co-led a workshop titled "Teaching Health Psychology at Liberal Arts Colleges" with Erin Henshaw (Denison University) at the Health Psychology in the 21st Century conference sponsored by the Alliance to Advance Liberal Arts Colleges (AALAC) and held at Smith College in Northampton, Massachussets.
- June 24, 2016
Stefanie Simon, Robert A. Oden, Jr. Postdoctoral Fellow for Innovation in the Liberal Arts, along with a recent graduate Jae Eun Lee '16, gave a poster presentation titled "Can Reframing the Label Feminist Reduce its Stigma?" at the annual conference of the Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues (SPSSI) on June 24th, 2016 at Minneapolis, MN.
- February 8, 2016Neil Lutsky, William R. Kenan, Jr. Professor of Psychology, presented a paper "Better Than Average: Self-Evaluations in an Indian Sample," co-authored with Ashwini Ashokkumar of Ashoka University, Sonipat, India, at the 2016 Society for Personality and Social Psychology annual meeting in San Diego, California.
- November 1, 2015Kathie Galotti, William H. Laird Professor of Cognitive Science, along with co-authors Carl Bou Mansour '15, Michael Wheatman '15, Anna Smith '17, and Michael Schneekloth '17, presented a poster entitled "Liking, Defining and Thinking: Oh My! Ways of Knowing and Appraisals of Intellectual Activities" at the 2015 meeting of the Psychonomic Society in November in Chicago.
Julie Neiworth, Professor of Psychology, delivered an invited talk at the Midwestern Psychological Association meeting in Chicago on May 1st. It was entitled "Reconsidering Cognitive and Social Processes in Cotton Top Tamarins." Senior Liz Groesbeck (2015) also presented a poster on memory deficits in aging tamarins, sponsored by Neiworth, as part of the Psi Chi Midwestern Poster Session at MPA.
- January 12, 2015Kathleen Galotti, William H. Laird Professor of Cognitive Science, and Rebecca Plotnick '14 presented a poster at the 2014 meeting of the Psychonomic Society in Long Beach, California, entitled, "Recognizing Brand Logos in and out of Context.
Ken Abrams-"Does Nicotine Withdrawal Promote Panic? Findings from a Placebo-Controlled Patch Study Employing a CO2 Rebreathing Procedure."November 3, 2014
Associate Professor of Psychology, presented a poster co-authored with Kate Cieslowski '15, Stacey Johnson '15, Sam Krimmel '15, Caroline Kryder '14, Ari Melum '14, and Helen Strnad '14 at the 122nd annual conference of the American Psychological Association (APA) in Washington, D.C. The poster was titled "Does Nicotine Withdrawal Promote Panic? Findings from a Placebo-Controlled Patch Study Employing a CO2 Rebreathing Procedure."