Frequently Asked Questions

We are here to answer your questions!

Julie ThorntonAmy SillanpaMarit Lysne Joe Baggot     

  Joy Kluttz Drew Weis Leah Wellstone  Carolyn Fure-Slocum

On this page, professional staff from the Sexual Misconduct Support Team and the Sexual Misconduct Adjudication Team answer questions we hear often.

If you have a question that is not addressed here, please contact any of us. We can give you information and discuss your questions and concerns. 

Can I file a complaint with the College and also with the police?

Yes, you may file a complaint with the College through the Carleton complaint process, and with the Northfield police at the same time.  The College will handle the internal complaint as outlined in our process. However, sexual assault is a crime, and because the College wants to be sure that any criminal activity is handled by the proper authorities, it encourages any student who feels that they are a victim of sexual assault to take all necessary steps to file a criminal complaint, too. Both complaints can proceed at the same time.

  • Keywords: police, complaint, legal,

Other FAQs