Frequently Asked Questions

Can I file a complaint with the College and also with the police?

Yes, you may file a complaint with the College through the Carleton complaint process and with the Northfield police at the same time.  The College will handle the internal complaint as outlined in our process. However, sexual assault is a crime, and because the College wants to be sure that any criminal activity is handled by the proper authorities, it encourages any student who feels that they are a victim of sexual assault to take all necessary steps to file a criminal complaint, too.  Internal and external complaints can proceed at the same time.

  • Keywords: 008, police, complaint, legal,

Other FAQs