Frequently Asked Questions

I had an uncomfortable sexual experience. I am confused about what I experienced and I'm not sure if I want to make a complaint. What should I do?

A good first step is to meet with the Title IX Coordinator, who can explain your options and help you connect with support resources. The Title IX Coordinator will keep all information private. Meeting with the Title IX Coordinator does not mean you have to take any additional steps.

Another option is to seek support at Student Health and Counseling.  There are legally confidential counselors who can help you process your experience, without ever labeling it for you. With counseling you may be able to sort through your confused feelings, more clearly understand your experience, and be able to discuss all the options available to you, so you can make decisions that work for you.

  • Keywords: 003, counselor, counseling, wellness center, discuss, confused, don't, know

Other FAQs