Recordings of Convocations
- Created 22 January 2016; Published 27 January 2016Convocation: Ma'ikwe Ludwig '92
Social innovator Ma'ikwe Ludwig discusses how we can be truly sustainable in a modern world.
- Created 15 January 2016; Published 22 January 2016Convocation: Rebecca Craven '81
Program Director of the Pipeline Safety Trust, Rebecca Craven promotes pipeline safety through education and advocacy.
- Created 8 January 2016; Published 13 January 2016Convocation: Christine McKinley
Mechanical engineer, rock star, and television icon Christine McKinley shatters all stereotypes of what a female scientist is.
- Created 6 November 2015; Published 10 November 2015Convocation: Tadd Johnson
Producer of the PBS program “Native Report,” an entertaining and informative series that celebrates Native American culture and heritage.
- Created 30 October 2015; Published 10 November 2015Convocation: Johanna Kandel
Founder of The Alliance for Eating Disorders Awareness, Johanna Kandel talks about "Stepping Off the Scales: Eating Disorders and Body Image."
- Created 23 October 2015; Published 29 October 2015Convocation: Mario Joseph
Mario Joseph, Haiti’s most respected human rights lawyer representing the disadvantaged, victims of political violence, and political prisoners, talks about “Facing Justice for Cholera in Haiti.”
- Created 16 October 2015; Published 28 October 2015Convocation: Todd Golub '85
Cancer research pioneer Todd Golub '85 applies the tools of genomics to the understanding of cancer. The title of his presentation is "How the Human Genome Will Change the Face of Cancer."
- Created 9 October 2015; Published 28 October 2015Convocation: Frances Moore Lappe
Frances Moore Lappé, founder of the Small Planet Institute, speaking about “10 Myths of World Hunger.”
- Created 2 October 2015; Published 10 November 2015Convocation: Anabel Hernández
Anabel Hernández, an award-winning Mexican investigative journalist, exposes drug cartels and political corruption in her presentation titled “Narcoland.”
- Created 25 September 2015; Published 25 September 2015Convocation: Clifford Clark
The annual Argument and Inquiry Seminar Convocation with Clifford Clark, Professor of History and the Hulings Professor of American Studies, speaking about “My Freshman Year and Yours: Politics, Technological Change, and the Future of the Liberal Arts.”
- Created 25 September 2015; Published 27 September 2015Convocation: Clifford Clark (audio only)
Argument and Inquiry Convocation with Professor Clifford Clark.
- Created 14 September 2015; Published 23 September 2015Opening Convocation 2015
Carleton’s Opening Convocation is an annual all-college assembly celebrating the beginning of the academic year and recognizing academic achievement. This year's ceremony features addresses by Amy Klobuchar, U.S. Senator from Minnesota, and Carol Barnett '86, Carleton Trustee (read their bios here).
- Created 22 May 2015; Published 28 May 2015Convocation: Esera Tuaolo
Esera Tuaolo, who publicly came out as a gay man after retiring from a successful career in the NFL, describes his experience in his talk titled “Alone in the Trenches: My Life as a Gay Man in the NFL.”
- Created 15 May 2015; Published 18 May 2015Convocation: Chude Allen ’65
Chude Allen '65 shares her experiences as a student activist in the Civil Rights Movement and a Freedom School teacher in her presentation titled “Just Being There Was Against the Law.”
- Created 8 May 2015; Published 11 May 2015Convocation: Ragamala Dance
Aparna Ramaswamy ’97 and Ashwini Ramaswamy ’03 return to Carleton with Ragamala Dance Company to present "Sacred Earth"