Recordings of Convocations
- Created 19 February 2016; Published 19 February 2016Convocation: Jessica Bacal '92
Author Jessica Bacal reveals how successful leaders used their worst on-the-job moments as learning experiences.
- Created 12 February 2016; Published 17 February 2016Convocation: Karen Murphy '88
Facing History and Ourselves director Karen Murphy helps educators promote the development of a more humane and informed citizenry.
- Created 5 February 2016; Published 9 March 2016Convocation: Kevin Powell
Acclaimed political and cultural leader Kevin Powell calls for a progressive, multicultural coalition that is inclusive of all people.
- Created 29 January 2016; Published 9 February 2016Convocation: Nekima Levy-Pounds
Director of the Community Justice Project, Nekima Levy-Pounds promotes the law as a tool to advance the cause of social justice.
- Created 22 January 2016; Published 27 January 2016Convocation: Ma'ikwe Ludwig '92
Social innovator Ma'ikwe Ludwig discusses how we can be truly sustainable in a modern world.
- Created 15 January 2016; Published 22 January 2016Convocation: Rebecca Craven '81
Program Director of the Pipeline Safety Trust, Rebecca Craven promotes pipeline safety through education and advocacy.
- Created 8 January 2016; Published 13 January 2016Convocation: Christine McKinley
Mechanical engineer, rock star, and television icon Christine McKinley shatters all stereotypes of what a female scientist is.
- Created 6 November 2015; Published 10 November 2015Convocation: Tadd Johnson
Producer of the PBS program “Native Report,” an entertaining and informative series that celebrates Native American culture and heritage.
- Created 30 October 2015; Published 10 November 2015Convocation: Johanna Kandel
Founder of The Alliance for Eating Disorders Awareness, Johanna Kandel talks about "Stepping Off the Scales: Eating Disorders and Body Image."
- Created 23 October 2015; Published 29 October 2015Convocation: Mario Joseph
Mario Joseph, Haiti’s most respected human rights lawyer representing the disadvantaged, victims of political violence, and political prisoners, talks about “Facing Justice for Cholera in Haiti.”
- Created 16 October 2015; Published 28 October 2015Convocation: Todd Golub '85
Cancer research pioneer Todd Golub '85 applies the tools of genomics to the understanding of cancer. The title of his presentation is "How the Human Genome Will Change the Face of Cancer."
- Created 9 October 2015; Published 28 October 2015Convocation: Frances Moore Lappe
Frances Moore Lappé, founder of the Small Planet Institute, speaking about “10 Myths of World Hunger.”
- Created 2 October 2015; Published 10 November 2015Convocation: Anabel Hernández
Anabel Hernández, an award-winning Mexican investigative journalist, exposes drug cartels and political corruption in her presentation titled “Narcoland.”
- Created 25 September 2015; Published 25 September 2015Convocation: Clifford Clark
The annual Argument and Inquiry Seminar Convocation with Clifford Clark, Professor of History and the Hulings Professor of American Studies, speaking about “My Freshman Year and Yours: Politics, Technological Change, and the Future of the Liberal Arts.”
- Created 25 September 2015; Published 27 September 2015Convocation: Clifford Clark (audio only)
Argument and Inquiry Convocation with Professor Clifford Clark.