Frequently Asked Questions

What visas and other travel documents do students need for Women's and Gender Studies in Europe and how do they acquire them?

Students need not have a passport at the time of application, but all students must have a passport which is valid for at least six months following the conclusion of the program. Applicants to Women’s and Gender Studies in Europe who carry a U.S. or Canadian passport are not required to have a visa to enter countries in the Schengen area for stays of 90 days or less. Students carrying a passport from a country other than the United States or Canada may be required to obtain a Schengen visa. Staff in the Office of Off-Campus Studies at Carleton provide guidance on the visa application process.

Other FAQs