Skip Navigation

Academic Regulations & Procedures

Declaration of Major

Early in the sixth term of enrollment, but not before that term, students must declare an academic area as their major field or they will not be allowed to register for the seventh term. Students wishing to change their major during the junior or senior year can do so by obtaining the approval of the chair of the new department and completing the form available in the Registrar's Office. Students who are planning a special major are advised to petition the Academic Standing Committee (ASC) during winter term or early spring term of their sophomore year.

See also double major and special majors.

Keywords: declaration of major, double major, special major

Last Reviewed: Jun 24th, 2015

Maintained by Dean of the College Office