Frequently Asked Questions


What do I do if I need prescription medicines while I am at Carleton?

  • You can fill your prescription medicines before coming to Carleton at your home pharmacy.
  • You can have your health care provider write a prescription that you can fill at local Northfield pharmacies. Many of them deliver to SHAC if you set up an account (give them credit card and insurance card information).

  • You can ask a Northfield pharmacy to call your home pharmacy and ask that an existing prescription be transferred from one pharmacy to the other.

  • You can make an appointment with one of the Advanced Practice Nurses at Student Health and Counseling to review your prescription needs.

SHAC does not provide any testing or evaluation for students with suspected Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).  The health care providers at SHAC do not write initial or maintenance  prescriptions for ADHD medications.  SHAC can provide a list of resources for such services in Northfield and the surrounding area.  Many Carleton students choose to obtain ADHD assessment with providers in their home area during academic breaks. Click here to learn how.

Other FAQs

Site Index

Advising Handbook (back to index)

Carleton Undergraduate Bridge Experience (CUBE) (back to index)

Gould Library (back to index)

Languages at Carleton (back to index)

Mail Services (back to index)

New Students 2018 (back to index)

Office of Residential Life & Housing (back to index)

OneCard (back to index)

Student Health and Counseling (back to index)