Frequently Asked Questions


Are there 24 hour emergency services available to Carleton students?

There are no after-hour medical services provided through Student Health and Counseling (SHAC). Students may seek evening or weekend care at Allina Medical Clinic or at the Northfield Hospital. Carleton Security Services personnel are trained as medical First Responders and will assist with student emergencies 24 hours a day, and refer to ambulance or emergency room services as necessary.

If you need urgent mental health service, counselors are on-call 24/7/365.  For urgent phone counseling access the on-call counselor by calling SHAC at 507-222-4080 and pressing Option #2 during the voicemail message, or by calling 855-705-2479.

Please visit SHACs After-Hours/Emergency information website for more information.

  • 15 May 2015
  • FAQ courtesy of Student Health and Counseling
  • Keywords: emergency, psychologist, security, ambulance, emergency room, Northfield Hospital, Allina Clinic, after-hours, 24-hour, on-call, medical,

Other FAQs

Site Index

Advising Handbook (back to index)

Assistive Technology (back to index)

Bridge Club at Carleton College (back to index)

Carleton Undergraduate Bridge Experience (CUBE) (back to index)

Foreign Languages at Carleton (back to index)

Gould Library (back to index)

Information Technology Services (OLD) (back to index)

Mail Services (back to index)

Moodle Documentation (back to index)

New Students 2017 (back to index)

Office of Residential Life & Housing (back to index)

OneCard (back to index)

Reimagining Email, Calendaring, and Storage (RECS) (back to index)

Student Health and Counseling (back to index)

Three Tables for Stompbox (back to index)

  • What is Stompbox?
    3T4S is a harmonic, issue-based group that advocates secular pulpits for Stompbox amnesty. We participate...