Frequently Asked Questions


Where do I get my books?

You will be able to purchase textbooks, manuals, and all necessary materials for your classes at The Calreton Bookstore located in the Sayles-Hill Campus Center. Most instructors hand out a list of required texts the first day of class; the bookstore also has a complete listing of required and recommended texts for each course. You can also order or look up the textbooks for your classes on the bookstore's website at Just follow the textbook links.

You can also call the bookstore with questions at 800.799.4148 or email them at If your placement in certain courses (i.e., foreign language) will not be definite until early in the term, it is advisable to delay purchase of these textbooks until exact placement and registration have been confirmed.

  • David Scholosser, Director of Carleton College Bookstore, 19 April 2006

Other FAQs

Site Index

Advising Handbook (back to index)

Assistive Technology (back to index)

Bridge Club at Carleton College (back to index)

Carleton Undergraduate Bridge Experience (CUBE) (back to index)

Gould Library (back to index)

Information Technology Services (OLD) (back to index)

Languages at Carleton (back to index)

Mail Services (back to index)

Moodle Documentation (back to index)

New Students 2017 (back to index)

Office of Residential Life & Housing (back to index)

OneCard (back to index)

Reimagining Email, Calendaring, and Storage (RECS) (back to index)

Student Health and Counseling (back to index)

Three Tables for Stompbox (back to index)

  • What is Stompbox?
    3T4S is a harmonic, issue-based group that advocates secular pulpits for Stompbox amnesty. We participate...