Junior Kittel Evenson Named to U.S. Figure Skating Governing Body
Junior Kittel Evenson, Northfield Skating School Assistant Director, has accepted an invitation from U.S. Figure Skating headquarters to join the Basic Skills Sub-Committee, a governance and development group for the largest sub-section of the national governing body's membership. Evenson joins Northfield Skating School Founder/Director Carey Tinkelenberg on the twelve-person committee. The Northfield Skating School is the only program with more than one representative. Evenson's duties will include voting on rule changes, mentoring new directors, and discussing the future direction of the nation's 950 Basic Skills skating programs.
Majoring at Carleton in history, Evenson is a Nerstrand, Minn., native and former skater who was coached by Tinkelenberg through middle and high school. Evenson joined the Northfield Skating School staff in 2005 when the school was founded. She was hired as Assistant Director two years later during her freshman year at Carleton. Evenson has been an integral part of the school's development, leadership, and growth into a U.S. Figure Skating Model Program. Her committee invitation came following a presentation she and Tinkelenberg co-delivered at a U.S. Figure Skating Workshop co-hosted by the Northfield Skating School and Shattuck St. Mary Figure Skating Academy earlier this month.
For more information on the Northfield Skating School, call (508) 887-2551 or email email@example.com.
Minnesota Construction Association Honors Cassat and Memorial Halls with Two Top Awards
Work by Diane Nemec Ignashev Reviewed in the Times Literary Supplement
- Be A Carl!
- 10 Letters a Day • Voice
- Convocation presented by Safe Horizon’s Ariel Zwang • Media Relations
- Chesley Lecture uncovers the workings of computer networks and online security • Media Relations
- “What’s Next for the Country?” continues with discussion on Climate Change and Environmental Policy • Media Relations
- Public invited to Alumni Panel: Global Engagement after Carleton • Media Relations
- Immigration law explained at St. Olaf event
- Profiles in Teaching: Montero aims for calm amid political storm • Carleton Academics