Yandell Presents at the Modern Language Association Conference
Cathy Yandell, W.I. and Hulda F. Daniell Professor of French Literature, Language, and Culture, delivered a paper, "Learning through the Body in the Blasons anatomiques du corps féminin," at the Modern Language Association conference in Boston. In her paper, Yandell argues that this famous collection of anatomical poems, known for its humor and bawdiness, had an important heuristic function in Renaissance France. Not only did it teach readers about sex, gender, and the symbolic body, but it also revealed the political and religious preoccupations of the moment.
Zelliot Publishes "Dalit Initiatives in Education"
Helena Kaufman and Éva Pósfay Present on De-Familiarizing Europe
- Stockton, California’s youngest—and first African American—mayor to present Carleton convocation • Media Relations
- Five Questions with ... Caroline Duke '17 • Admissions
- Scoville Library history uncovered--literally
- Renowned Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra to perform at Carleton College • Media Relations
- Carleton invites public to 4-part series asking “What’s Next for the Country?” • Media Relations
- Carleton hosts faculty/guest artist recital, “Contemporary Voices from Latin America” • Media Relations
- FELT ROOM, an immersive performance installation, comes to Carleton’s Perlman Teaching Museum • Media Relations
- Carleton Art Exhibit features Rare Collection of Chinese Paintings • Media Relations