Video Feature: Carleton's Polar Plunge Team Raises $1,700 for Northfield Special Olympics
The Carleton College "Thrillin for a Chillin" Polar Plunge squad raised more $1,700 for Northfield Area Special Olympics. The team, comprised of eight Carleton students and two Carleton staff members, participated in the state-wide event by plunging into the frigid waters in Rochester, Minn.
The participants were: James Beck '12 (Iowa City, Iowa), Katie Boudreaux '11 (Lockport, La.), Anna Callahan '13 (Croton on Hudson, N.Y.), Coleman Durkin '13 (Northfield, Minn.), Alex Long '13 (Arlington, Va.), Rachel Osofsky '13 (Northampton, Mass.), Corey Pulju, Sean Roberts '12 (Madison, Wis.), Andrew Schneider-Adams '13 (Ellsworth, Wis.), and Mikki Showers.
A Banner Year for Faculty Grants in 2009-10
Carleton College Awards Tenure to Four Faculty Members
- Convocation led by renowned chef and indigenous foods champion Sean Sherman, aka The Sioux Chef • Media Relations
- Carleton announces $20 million gift for financial aid • Media Relations
- Carleton presents acclaimed author and environmental activist, Kathleen Dean Moore • Media Relations
- Carleton presents “Humanities in Focus: Mass Incarceration in the USA” • Media Relations
- Acclaimed Mexican documentary “Narco Cultura” comes to the Weitz Cinema • Media Relations
- Popular Palestinian-Israeli writer and journalist presents Forkosh Lecture in Judaic Studies • Media Relations
- The Carleton Players present the award-winning drama, “Grounded” • Media Relations
- Carleton Fall History Lefler Lecture focused on the Rise and Fall of Roman Britain • Media Relations