Video Feature: Carleton's Polar Plunge Team Raises $1,700 for Northfield Special Olympics
The Carleton College "Thrillin for a Chillin" Polar Plunge squad raised more $1,700 for Northfield Area Special Olympics. The team, comprised of eight Carleton students and two Carleton staff members, participated in the state-wide event by plunging into the frigid waters in Rochester, Minn.
The participants were: James Beck '12 (Iowa City, Iowa), Katie Boudreaux '11 (Lockport, La.), Anna Callahan '13 (Croton on Hudson, N.Y.), Coleman Durkin '13 (Northfield, Minn.), Alex Long '13 (Arlington, Va.), Rachel Osofsky '13 (Northampton, Mass.), Corey Pulju, Sean Roberts '12 (Madison, Wis.), Andrew Schneider-Adams '13 (Ellsworth, Wis.), and Mikki Showers.
A Banner Year for Faculty Grants in 2009-10
Carleton College Awards Tenure to Four Faculty Members
- Be A Carl!
- Immigration law explained at St. Olaf event
- Profiles in Teaching: Montero aims for calm amid political storm • Carleton Academics
- Convocation presented by Safe Horizon’s Ariel Zwang • Media Relations
- “What’s Next for the Country?” continues with discussion on Climate Change and Environmental Policy • Media Relations
- Public invited to Alumni Panel: Global Engagement after Carleton • Media Relations
- Ross '17 is Carleton's 75th Watson Fellowship winner
- Tai Chi: For physical fitness & stress management